Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Updated: March 20, 2022
As of 12:01 am on March 21st, the Government of Ontario has taken another step in the easing of COVID-19 restrictions and removed the masking requirement when entering public facilities. This is in addition to the removal of proof of vaccination requirements. All attendees are still required to self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering the building. Screening instructions are posted at all entrances.
Event organizers have the right – and may elect – to require proof of vaccination and/or masking requirements for their events, in which case, one of or both, would be required to enter the event space. Please contact your event organizer to confirm in advance. The Government of Ontario classifies fully vaccinated as two doses plus 14 days. Proof of vaccination must also be accompanied by valid photo ID.
As always, the Shaw Centre’s priority is the health and safety of our staff, clients, and attendees.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
In addition to the Province of Ontario’s Guidance for Professional Meeting and Event Facilities during COVID-19, we are happy to provide our clients with an extensive list of health and safety options for which they can choose to implement if required.
Please find below a quick summary of some of the key items that have been implemented:
- Clean Team
- The creation of a dedicated team who will be deployed to monitor hygiene standards as well as the cleaning of all common contact points.
- Cleaning of touch-points and common areas, i.e. washrooms will occur on a higher frequency and with approved cleaners.
- Meeting Rooms
- Our events and operations teams have been working diligently to ensure that the same customer service enhancements that you received previously will be available in the safest possible way.
- Floor Plans
- As there are currently a lot of unknowns when it comes to events, our team has taken the liberty to ease a bit of your planning and created over 450 floor plans throughout our building which can incorporate physical distancing standards, if required.
- A large-scale signage program can be implemented to assist delegate movement throughout the building, as well as reminding them of proper health and safety measures such as hand-washing, wearing of masks and physical distancing.
- Our world-class culinary team is finalizing various enhanced service options that ensure the highest level of health and safety standards.
- Encore AV
- Our in-house audio-visual supplier, Encore AV, is pleased to offer virtual and hybrid meeting packages, allowing planners to reach their remote audience. With the latest technology and new health and safety measures in place, their team of AV experts can walk them through a myriad of options for a flawless event experience.
We want to ensure you that when we open our doors, our building will be prepared to provide you with the same high-level, safe experience you’re accustomed to.
The following Safe Spaces document was prepared and update when restrictions were at their highest and can be used as an example of some of the items that clients can choose to implement if required.
*NOTE: the current restrictions are not those listed within this document but at the top of this webpage.
For the latest developments, we also encourage you to visit the following websites: